About Me

My photo
Just a super chill chica. I try not to take things to seriously ever...that's just not my deal. I decided to start this blog because I've come to that proverbial fork in the road and I'm not really sure where I'm headed. I'm trying to decide what I'm passionate about and what I want to do long term. In the meantime I guess I'm going to use this space to log all of my different life experiences.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Where are all my stitches at??

Knowing the weather was going to be bad this past weekend I decided to print out a pattern or two (more like 5) from my favorite website Ravelry.com.  My plans for the weekend were simple, relax and knit to the sound of thunder and lightning and a few episodes of Gossip Girl. 

After work on Friday I started going through the three bins of yarn that I have.  Can we say overwhelming?  Most of the yarn that I have I didn't remember buying.  Nor did I want to use it on any of the projects that I had planned to start this past weekend.  Note to self:  No new fiber unless you plan to use it right away. 

I spent a large amount of my weekend untangeling and rolling balls of yarn.  Not what I would call fun but very necessary.  Once that was done I was able to proceed with my actual knitting projects.  I finished a small kerchief for my Jersey girl.  She loved it:-)  I was happy with it because it only took about an hour or so.  Totally feed my need for instant gratification.  It also enabled me to use up some of that yarn that I bought because it was probably on super sale somewhere. 

Saturday I started a nice sized triangular scarf piece.  Not sure if I'm going to keep this one, gift it, or hold on to it and sale it at the holiday boutique at work.  I'll have to see how it looks when it's all done.  I do know that the three skeins of yarn that I have won't be enough to finish it.  Jo-Ann's Fabric will see me this week.

I'm so glad that I picked up the needles this weekend.  It's so relaxing.  I plan to knit all through this summer and fall so I can have a nice showing at this year's boutique.  Maybe have a few items that I can give as gifts to people I feel worthy of my creations (HA!!). 

I'm off to lunch and to tackle a few more rows of this scarf-thingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment