About Me

My photo
Just a super chill chica. I try not to take things to seriously ever...that's just not my deal. I decided to start this blog because I've come to that proverbial fork in the road and I'm not really sure where I'm headed. I'm trying to decide what I'm passionate about and what I want to do long term. In the meantime I guess I'm going to use this space to log all of my different life experiences.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Trying to save all my remaining brain cells

I read somewhere that doing crossword puzzles and sudoku may help to keep one's memory sharp.  Well I can recall a day back in late 2009 when I started to lose my mind (Oh boy).  Ever since that one crazy night I can be in the middle of something and totally blank on what I was about to do next.  Today on lunch I had absolutely nothing going on and ened up in the Dollar Tree on the West Side.  I was looking for candles and stumbled upon some crossword puzzles and such.  I don't know how I remembered what I remembered about puzzles but I did.  So I grabbed a little tablet like book that has wordfinds, crosswords, and my one time favorite Sudokus. 
Since it was terribly slow at work today I decided to crack open my new time killer and quickly rock out a sudoku.  Yeah right.  The joke was on me big time.  I got like three numbers filled in and was stumped!!  I used to do these things all the time with little effort.  Now I'm feeling like a super novice.  I figured if I gave my mind a rest, do some othe types of puzzles then come back to it with "fresh" set of eyes I would be better able to figure out what the heck was going on in front of me.  Naw!!  I had to cheat and then cheat again before I got on somewhat of a role.  It took me about 2 hours, breaking here and there to help a few customers, to fill this thing out completely.  I have some serious work to do to get back up to par.

1 comment: